Thursday 12 December 2013

Demi Lovato talks about her messy life as a drug addict

Demi Lovato talks about her messy life as a drug addict

 

Demi Lovato discovered that the drug-addled lifestyle is no fun.

SHARE 7 19 2 COMMENTMORE
Some addict-stars spend years abusing drugs before they hit bottom. For singer/songwriter Demi Lovato, it was when she was just 19, when she couldn't go 30 minutes without cocaine and even took to smuggling it on airplanes.
Now 21, Lovato opened up about her pathetic and messy life as a drug addict in an interview with Access Hollywood from the set of TheX Factor on Monday.
"I've really never talked about this stuff before … I don't know if I should be sharing this," she fretted.
Too late. Among other revelations, Lovato said her addiction made her a manipulator and a liar, able to hide her drug abuse even from trained minders.
"I couldn't go 30 minutes to an hour without cocaine and I would bring it on airplanes," she said. "I would smuggle it basically and just wait until everyone in first class would go to sleep and I would do it right there. I'd sneak to the bathroom and I'd do it. ... And that was even with somebody (with me), I had a sober companion, somebody who was watching me 24/7 and living with me (and) I was able to hide it from them as well."
The former Disney star was 19 when she realized her drug-addled lifestyle was no longer fun, after turning up at an airport at 9 a.m. with a soda bottle filled with vodka.
"I was throwing up in the car and this was just to get on a plane to go back to LA to the sober living house that I was staying at," she said. "I had all the help in the world, but I didn't want it. When I hit that moment I was like, it's no longer fun when you're doing it alone."
She realized, she said, "that is alcoholic behavior. (It's) no longer, I'm young and rebellious and out having fun, it was, wow, I'm one of those people…I gotta get my (act) together."
She also told AH's Kit Harper that she had an eating disorder — at age 8 or 9.
"I started overeating, compulsively overeating," she said. "I went from doing that to being unhappy with my body. I went to just completely starving myself and that turned into throwing up and starving myself and it was just this crazy battle going on inside of me." Eventually she realized she had to stop or die.
Harper also interviewed Demi's mother, Dianna, who had her own issues with eating disorders and depression. Demi went into rehab in 2010 and mother and daughter became closer after seeking help together.
"I'm so … proud of her it makes me so happy," Demi said of her mother. "I love her so much."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews